Hyper Smash

Random thoughts, music and interests

6/05/2011

Travel Woes in Michigan

Traveling to remote locations means small airplanes and smaller airports. I made it from Grand Traverse to Detroit only to find out that my flight home to DC had been cancelled and reschedule for the next morning. Thankfully, I was traveling with someone else who was returning to DC as well and her sister had re-booked her on another flight. So as soon as I hopped off my flight, I contacted Delta Airlines and the wonderful customer service agent re-booked me on another airlines while I ran (literally) through the airport, out one terminal to a shuttle van and begged the driver to speed to the next terminal. We had to go through security again. UGH! Finally made it to our gate, only to discover that our flight had been delayed.


I ended up getting super comfortable after sitting at the gate for hours. #DontJudgeMe

After sitting at the gate for 3-4 hours, our plane finally arrive. And it was an even smaller plane than the one we had taken from Grand Traverse. 
Seat for one
Two on the other side
The plane only had 10 passengers. I was 1 of 2 women and the rest were businessmen. I ended up moving my seat and stretching out on two chairs. I was so tired and ended up sleeping most of my flight. When we landed, they dropped us off right on the runway and not at a gate. We had a shuttle pick us up and take us to a gate. It was the weirdest thing ever, but I was very happy to be back home, even if I did have to return to the office the next day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Disqus for Blogspot

© 2013 Randomly Yaya , All RightsReserved.

Designed by ScreenWritersArena