Hyper Smash

Random thoughts, music and interests

6/05/2011

Beauty in Michigan Part 2

Grand Traverse Resort is known for their three signature golf courses. If I had more time there, I probably would have ventured out to the course and tried my hand at a few holes. Or maybe just drove the golf cart around the ground and snapped pictures. I have a thing for amazing landscapes and architecture.  Unfortunately, I did not get any time to actually walk the grounds at the resort.


My second night at the resort, I was able to eat at the Aerie Restaurant & Lounge which is located on the 16th floor of the Tower. The dinner was AMAZING. Between the dinner, the views and the food, it was one of the best dinners I've had. I dined with my client who is actually becoming a good friend, I don't know if she wants me to shout her out, so I'll keep her nameless for now. I also dined with a few other colleagues and the stories told at dinner were hilarious, I couldn't stop laughing.


Our waitress brought out a gift from the chef. I forgot what she called the dish, but it consisted of half a cherry tomato, blue cheese, bacon and one other item I can't remember. We were told to eat this in order to cleanse our palette. 

More after the jump

After looking at the menu, I was elated that lamb was an option. I LOVE LAMB! I decided to splurge and order it. I was super delighted when my food arrived because the lamb was delish. My meal came with fresh Michigan asparagus (yummy) and spicy mashed potatoes. The mashed potatoes were orange and I was a little apprehensive about trying them, but they complimented the lamb very well.


In between the dinner conversations and waiting for our food, I had to take pictures of the view from the 16th floor. I was alternating between my iPhone and digital camera for picture taking. I'm frustrated that you can see the reflection in the glass on some of the pictures. Is there a solution for that? Does anyone know? I need help!




The winding staircase on the lounge side of Aerie.

And the candles and couch that face the beautiful grounds. Looks relaxing.


You can check out the rest of my pictures in Michigan here. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Disqus for Blogspot

© 2013 Randomly Yaya , All RightsReserved.

Designed by ScreenWritersArena