Hyper Smash

Random thoughts, music and interests

1/16/2014

Soy Brown Sugar Marinated Salmon with Fresh Pineapple Salsa

I recently found this great recipe for Soy Orange Grilled Salmon with Fresh Pineapple Salsa.  As usual I forgot to buy a couple ingredients from the store and the price of Aji Mirin was too much for my broke pockets, so I had to improvise.  I’ll definitely try the original recipe at a later date, but I wanted to share the recipe I made because the flavors were good and I LOVED the pineapple salsa. This was my first time making pineapple salsa, but definitely won’t be the last.

I had to lure you with a great picture from the original recipe from Simply Good.

Ingredients
1 ½ lb salmon fillets
Salt to taste
1/3 cup soy sauce
1/3 cup brown sugar
1/3 water
1/4 cup vegetable oil
Lemon pepper to taste
For the salsa
1 cup chopped fresh pineapple
1/2 cup chopped red pepper
2 jalapeƱos chopped
3 green onions
Cilantro
1 ½ limes juiced
(I also added green pepper, but that’s optional)
I suck at presentation but here is my picture. Next time I need
 to add more color to my plate because the rice and cabbage
just washed each other out.
Season salmon with salt and lemon pepper.
In a small bowl, stir together soy sauce, brown sugar, water and vegetable oil until sugar is dissolved. Place fish in a large resealable plastic bag with the soy sauce mixture, seal and refrigerate for at least 2 hours.

For the salsa, stir all ingredients together in a mixing bowl.  Cover and refrigerate until ready to use.

Once the fish has marinated, preheat the oven to 400 degrees.  Place the salmon and 1/3 of the marinade into a glass dish. Bake for 15-20 minutes. (Cooking time may vary depending on the thickness of your salmon, so you can tell the fish is done when it is easily flaked with a fork.) Once the salmon is done cooking, top with salsa and enjoy.

I made cilantro lime rice and stir fried cabbage with my salmon, but you can enjoy yours with your favorite sides. 
post signature

1 comment :

  1. Wow that looks so good. I'll definitely have to give this a try. Thank you so much for coming back to let me know you posted it. I follow your blog, but sometimes miss post. :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Disqus for Blogspot

© 2013 Randomly Yaya , All RightsReserved.

Designed by ScreenWritersArena